Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thing #21

I found that Google has a lot more to offer than just being a search engine.

The two tools I chose to explore were the Google Alerts and Google Book Search.

The Google Alert that I set up is for Baylor Bear Football. I set it to be updated on a weekly basis in order to check the latest game scores etc. Of course I follow Baylor Football already but this will be very handy to have pop up on my email. I can just forward the good news about wins to other Bears.

I would like to provide a link to the Baylor Bear Football alert that I created but did not see a share button.

The Google Book Search surprised me in that I could actually choose to read the text of the book. I did not know that such a sight existed. It also allows a reader to have a list of favorites, current reads, and to read.

By learning more about Google I realize that I have easy access to several applications that are offered at other individual sites but are all offered by Google. That makes Google pretty amazing.

These two Google tools that I explored did not have a share option that I could find. However, I enjoyed getting a first look at them and will enjoy their continued use.

No comments:

Post a Comment