Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thing #19

Voicethread is a fun digital-storytelling tool that I immediately could see
myself using.

During the welcoming of a new enrollee to our campus they are given a tour by one of our office workers. I could see voicethread being a video tool to introduce our campus to new students and their families. By addressing several of the topics below.

  • Introducing the teachers on each team.
  • A tour of the physical building and getting around campus.
  • Giving a welcome from our administrators.
  • School immunization requirements discussed by our nurse.

Voicethread could also be used within my hobby of scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is storytelling too. So I believe that it would add a lot to digital scrapbooking to also have the voice of the storyteller along with the pictures.

A perfect example of this is in the "What is Voice Thread Anyway" where the mom in the picture is talking about how happy she is and at the same time explaining the disgruntled looks on a couple of her children's faces. In hands on scrapbooking using your own handwriting is encouraged because it will be treasured by family and friends. So I know that being able to hear the people in the pictures talking about what was happening would be a lifelong treasure for generations to come.

As I said before. I can see myself using voicethread in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment