Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thing #18

As a middle school registrar much of my job focus is on curriculum. Therefore, I explored You Tube video's on Curriculum in Middle Schools.

The first one '>"What Makes McKinley Middle School Special" was particularly engaging. It is fast paced and features the students in hands on learning activities which appear to be fun and educational at the same time. I would feel comfortable sharing this with some of the teachers at my school in order to piggieback on the success McKinley Middle School has had.

I chose a how to video that was funny. I was taught how to '>tie a tie by my father and chose this topic for my how to video. Of course now days tie's are not worn as much as they used to be. Therefore, some men may need a refresher every now and then. Some of the middle schoolers I work with might find that this comes in handy when wearing a tie on game days.

Teacher Tube was very interesting. I was able to find lessons on most any subject and found that many might be great introductions to a lesson. This is a resource I will explore more in the future in hopes of finding some attention grabbers to start a presentation.

I also found that the timer idea was a good one. It is quite easy to loose track of time while on You Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment