Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thing #16

By far this has been my favorite site! Wait, I believe I have felt this way several times throughout our 23 Things journey. It is very exciting to see author sites, groups, and recommendations. I looked up mysteries, romance, some of my favorite authors using Zeitgeist.
And I found the 50 Book Challenge group a good way to start my January. This is also a great tool to encourage students to read throughout a school year. You define when you start, set your own parameters and goals.
Recommendations for books a reader will like are right at your fingertips. This will encourage many student readers. They may exhaust all the books written by that first favorite author. But by listing their favorites they can receive recommendations for books they might find just as enticing! I know that I will put this feature to use myself.
Thank you so much for an intro to such a fun learning site.

No comments:

Post a Comment